Balmain Para-Rowing Program is a program specifically set up to provide opportunities for persons with disabilities to participate in the sport of rowing and become involved in the rowing community. The program provides support to para rowers from Balmain Rowing Club, and has provided invaluable assistance to para rowers over the past 10 years at all levels of the sport, from learn to row to Paralympic representation.
5 YEAR PLAN
- To be Australia’s pre-eminent para-rowing program, including both for elite representation and recreational rowers
- To pioneer ‘inclusive’ rowing whereby para-rowers integrate with able-bodied squads wherever their relative function and ability allows
- By 2024, have 80 para rowers vying for selection for the Paralympics
- To have an indigenous 8 crew competing in the NSW State Championship Regatta
- To have a community youth squad of 20 rowers